Ecological Dynamics for Dummies Overview
In this 90 minute course, we will introduce and unpack the main theoretical concepts which make-up an Ecological Dynamics framework that we believe can immediately change your personal Form of Life as a practitioner.
Within it, we aim to define and expand on ideas such as:
- Accepting the reality: the complexity of sport movement behavior
- Why it’s imperative that you adopt Systems Thinking
- The marriage of Ecological Psychology and Dynamical Systems Theory into Ecological Dynamics
- Why Bernstein’s ideas regarding Dexterity may be our main objective for athletes and humans alike
- What is Self-organization and why is it essential that we grasp onto its presence in movement systems
- Emergence within movement systems in the form of skilled movement solutions
- Why Information is power and Affordances hold the key
- Why perception and action must be coupled
- The importance of movement variability (Bernstein was onto something with repetition without repetition too!)
- What is this whole Constraints-Led Approach that everyone is talking about?
- Why is it so important that we acknowledge if a task is a ‘Representative’ one?
- Who you should read, follow, and learn from within the field