Ecological Dynamics for Dummies Overview
In this 90 minute course, we will introduce and unpack the main theoretical concepts which make-up an Ecological Dynamics framework that we believe can immediately change your personal Form of Life as a practitioner.
Within it, we aim to define and expand on ideas such as:
- Accepting the reality: the complexity of sport movement behavior
- Why it’s imperative that you adopt Systems Thinking
- The marriage of Ecological Psychology and Dynamical Systems Theory into Ecological Dynamics
- Why Bernstein’s ideas regarding Dexterity may be our main objective for athletes and humans alike
- What is Self-organization and why is it essential that we grasp onto its presence in movement systems
- Emergence within movement systems in the form of skilled movement solutions
- Why Information is power and Affordances hold the key
- Why perception and action must be coupled
- The importance of movement variability (Bernstein was onto something with repetition without repetition too!)
- What is this whole Constraints-Led Approach that everyone is talking about?
- Why is it so important that we acknowledge if a task is a ‘Representative’ one?
- Who you should read, follow, and learn from within the field
Click Below to access course material
Copyright 2020 Emergence
The rights of Emergence to be identified as authors of this has been asserted by them in accordance with section 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
All rights reserved. No part of this or these courses may be reprinted or reproduced or utilized in any form or by any electronic, mechanical or other means, now know or hereafter invented, including photocopying and recording, or in any information storage or retrieval system, without permission in writing from publishers.
Trademark notice: Product or corporate names may be trademarks or registered trademarks, and are used only for identification and explanation without intent to infringe.