ATTUNED | ADAPTABLE | DEXTEROUS
MOVEMENT SKILL EDUCATION COMPANY
Rethinking Soccer: What an Ecological Dynamics Framework Could Offer Skill, Learning & Development is a new course with Emergence Global Partner, Ben Franks. The course will dive into the potential opportunities that adopting an Ecological Dynamics Framework could provide coaches and practitioners within the soccer world. Delivered across 5 live sessions, alongside a range of asynchronous materials; this course draws on your experiential knowledge within your environment to piece the components of Ecological Dynamics together in an applied and accessible manner.
Pre-Sale | Late May
Limited seats available! The next cohort begins on Wednesday, June 9, 2021, at 3 PM Central Daylight Time (CDT)/21.00 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)!
Each session will be recorded and available on your dashboard if you aren’t in attendance during the live sessions.
What you’ll take from the course:
- The possibilities afforded to us from adopting an Ecological Dynamics Framework.
- Challenging and reflecting on our approaches to soccer practice.
- Deconstruct specific contexts within soccer practice.
- Putting soccer theory and research into practice.
- Linking together the complex mesh of experiential knowledge, and research perspectives.
Rethinking Soccer: What An Ecological Dynamics Framework Could Offer Skill, Learning & Development
TABLE OF CONTENTS: CLICK BELOW
- We will provide a brief insight into how an Ecological Dynamics Framework supports skill learning and development.
- We will align the principles of an Ecological Dynamics Framework with your experiential knowledge.
- We will start to consider the broader application of an Ecological Dynamics Framework across soccer programming.
- We will get to grips with the concept of affordances.
- We will think about the practical interpretation and implications of affordances, and how we can use them in practice design.
- We will use a Youth soccer case study to embrace a theory-practice explanation and get to grips with a number of contextual problems. We will draw on the attendees experiential knowledges.
- We will use a Senior/Performance soccer case study to embrace theory-practice explanations and get to grips with a number of contextual problems. We will draw on the attendee’s experiential knowledges.
- We will discuss the goalkeeping context, disseminating current research and embracing a number of contemporary themes in goalkeeping.
The Breakdown of the course :
- There are five consecutive sessions delivered live, broken into a 30-minute presentation followed by a 30-minute discussion.
- There will be weekly asynchronous content and group discussions on the Slack app!